Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Halloween Shocker!

It’s only September 5th and already Kyle has told me what he wants to dress up as for Halloween.   I recently asked Kelsie what she wanted to be this year for Halloween.  She gave me the “REALLY, MOM??!!” look and then told me she was too OLD to go trick-or-treating.  WHAT?  She’s 9!  Is my baby really too old to dress up?  Not sure why this has affected me so much, but I honestly tear up thinking about not buying her a costume anymore.  I even told her that she could go with just her friends, thinking that maybe having Mom and Dad trick-or-treating with her is too embarrassing.  I thought she’d surely bite then… nope.  I told her that if she didn’t go, she wouldn’t have any candy (and my girl LOVES candy, just like her Mama!)… nope.  She doesn’t care.  She wants to stay home and pass out candy.  My little girl is growing up.  That’s plain to see in these Halloween pictures from years past:

halloween 2003

Kelsie’s First Halloween!

halloween 2004halloween 2005

halloween 2006halloween 2007

halloween 2008halloween 2009

halloween 2010halloween 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment