Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Single Parenting

Dave left me… to go fly fishing in Montana.  He left last Friday and won’t be back until tomorrow night.  He so needed the break.  He’s doing what he loves – fishing, drinking beer and hanging with the guys.  But, Mama needs a break!  This single parenting business is no joke.

Just a few reasons why I need my husband around… the toilets clog EVERYDAY and I don’t know how to properly unclog them (without getting nasty water all over the place), the kids gang up on me playing UNO, the hermit crabs may or may not be living, our trash bags are too big for our trash can and I don’t know what he does to make them fit (there is currently a random trash bag in our kitchen collecting trash), the dog barks almost all day thinking he hears him in the driveway, I don’t tell awesome bedtime stories, the lawn needs to be edged (per the HOA, in a lovely letter to us), the morning coffee run to Starbucks is too quiet.

No comments:

Post a Comment