Monday, January 2, 2012

Black-Eyed Peas and Our Resolutions

Eating black-eyed peas on New Year's Day is thought to bring prosperity. Growing up, on New Year's Day, Nana would make us eat at least a few black-eyed peas. I remember dreading the spoonful she'd put on my plate. I've grown to LOVE eating them and have carried on her tradition of serving them to my family with our dinner on New Year's Day. The kids are grossed out by them. They were good sports and ate two each. Here is Kelsie's plate:






During dinner, Dave and I explained what making New Year's resolutions meant. We were surprised with what they decided their resolutions would be...

Kelsie - Get along with Kyle (we quickly explained to her that this must last throughout 2012... we'll see)

Kyle - Eat healthy (so I guess this means I have to start cooking healthy?), exercise for 100 minutes and don't talk to strangers (what? I had no idea this was an issue for Kyle)

Dave - Exercise 5 days a week for at least 30 minutes (I guess our lunch dates will be spent exercising) and to play with the kids more (not sure what this means... he's wonderful at giving the kids most of his free time)

Jenn - Being consistent in taking pictures and posting to this blog is my resolution for 2012.

GOOD LUCK KEEPING YOUR RESOLUTIONS IN 2012!

1 comment: