Thursday, May 31, 2012

Produce Box–Week 1–Squash

I LOVE steamed squash!  A little salt, pepper and butter is all you need to make an easy side dish.  I found what appeared to be an easy squash recipe on Pinterest for oven-baked squash chips.  I don’t like to eat potato chips, so I usually eat veggie chips.  I thought this would be a nice change.  This is the picture of the chips with the recipe:

squash chips

 

Nothing to the recipe – slice thinly, lay out on a greased cookie sheet (make sure the “chips” don’t touch), sprinkle with salt and cook on 200 for 2 to 3 hours, but check after 2 hours.  Easy enough.

006

After 2 hours…

007

As Kelsie would say… EPIC FAIL!  Major shrinkage.  They were the size of dimes!   Martha would be so disappointed in me.

PS – Dave liked them.  He said they tasted like pumpkin seeds.  I was too mad to try them.

No comments:

Post a Comment